9th November 2006
AVM+ is the ActionScript Virtual Machine
AVM+ offers an order of magnitude performance increase over the “Classic AVM” in Flash Player 7. Our performance target is 10X.
AVM+ implements ActionScript 3.0, the new version of the ActionScript language that is compliant with the ECMAScript Edition 4 standard.
AVM+ is also built for modularity. It will be part of the Flash Player, but is a self-contained module which can be incorporated into other programs with ease. It may also be submitted to the ECMA standards organization as a reference implementation of ECMAScript Edition 4.
Adobe’s reputation for solid engineering shines through here—it seems that what is now Tamarin was designed for integration with other applications from the very start.
More recent articles
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023