Keeping up appearances
29th October 2004
Wow, I think this is the longest gap in my blogging since I started! I wish I could say I’ve been enjoying the sunshine or taking up a new hobby, but the truth is that the weather’s been horrible and I’ve just been run off my feet readjusting to life in England and at University.
One thing I haven’t been doing is reading blogs. My aggregator (currently the excellent NewsFire, although NetNewsWire 2.0 could easily steal my affections) has been lying dormant, and aside from occasionally checking a few sites (congratulations Matt on the new job!) I’ve been reading more academic papers than weblogs. My final year project is tentatively titled “Collaborative annotation of web resources” and looks set to take up a big chunk of my time over the next six months or so.
I certainly miss the information flood of blogging, but there’s something very liberating about dipping in every now and then rather than following several hundred constant streams of consciousness, Scoble style. I guess you could say I’ve been re-evaluating my priorities. I’ll certainly be scaling back some commitments in the near future, though which ones and by how much I have yet to decide.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023