Innovation chez Orchard
Dunstan Orchard’s great looking blog has had a whole bunch of upgrades, and some of them are pretty interesting. Firstly, he’s taken my blockquote citations script and modified it to handle citations that aren’t links in an intelligent way. He also now has a comment spam blacklist (I really need to work out the syndication details for that and publish some code).
His most interesting new feature is comment alerts, a system that allows people to keep track of discussions that they have participated in on his blog. Dunstan’s system allows users to “opt in” to allow future commenters to alert them if their comment is relevant to what the original user posted. It’s well worth surfing over and checking out Dunstan’s explanation of the system, which may well materialise on this site as well some time in the future. There are quite a few other neat tricks around the site, some of which are detailed in the Colophon.
More recent articles
- AI-enhanced development makes me more ambitious with my projects - 27th March 2023
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023