Clearing out some more tabs
Clearing out some more tabs:
- Common HTTP Implementation Problems is a W3C Note describing a whole bunch of best practises for serving up documents and designing URIs.
- Iraq-O-Meter and Iraq Body Count provide some war related statistics (both with an anti-war bias).
- Salon: The dumbing-down of programming (from 1998).
- Architectural Design Patterns for XML Documents on XML.com suggests adapting the Design Patterns idea to XML, providing four examples.
- Event Handlers and Callback Functions describes some clever tricks with closures that make event handling more powerful.
- Kevin Lynch from Macromedia is seeking suggestions for ways in which Macromedia software could be improved to help support the activity of blogging.
- eZ xml is a DOM XML parser written in pure PHP that includes support for document validation using XML Schemas.
- Compiling and Enabling GD in PHP 4.3—apparently doing so is harder than it looks.
- Ten Security Checks for PHP, Part 1—better than my recent writing secure PHP article.
- Really cool furniture via BoingBoing.
- Via Keith, some information on native XML scripting in ECMAScript: