2nd September 2002
HarryF provided some excellent feedback on my library:
...If I can dare to make one suggestion: would be good to seperate the HTTP client as a seperate object from the XML-RPC client.
There’s a good HTTP client class here.
The client still needs one or two things, namely SSL connections (using Curl perhaps or with PHP 4.3 fsockopen can access SSL sites if OpenSSL is compiled with PHP) and HTTP Basic Authentication.
Also on the server side, would be great if there was a mechanism build in HTTP Authentication headers (again as a seperate class)—there’s an Authentication class here.
The reason is there’s not a single XML-RPC class yet that handles HTTP fully. There’s hardly even a complete PHP HTTP client to work with either.
May be the ISO8601 types can be spotted in the strtotime() function?
Also system.multicall would be good, as an in built mechanism (see here) and a means to build in introspection automatically.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023