Arouse your PC
12th September 2002
Why be Semantic when you can be Romantic?
Well, buddy ol’ pal, the pornoWeb already exists. The Semantic Web is all about making computers aroused, not humans. When computers are aroused, they’re much happier pleasing the idiot desires of us fleshlings. So, really, the Semantic Web is about survival and prevention—I’d much rather have happy, complacent computers than angry robots plotting to overthrow the human regime.
I’m pretty sure it’s bad manners to quote an entire post like that but Morbus’s comment just didn’t seem to work if I broke it up any smaller :) To make up for it, here’s an extra plug for the Disobey Nonsense Network (and a plug for AmphetaDeskas well, a very cool desktop RSS aggregator).
More recent articles
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023
- Now add a walrus: Prompt engineering in DALL-E 3 - 26th October 2023