Weblog TODO List
I’ve got the bare bones of a weblog up and running now— essentially the ability to add entries which are categorised and archived in a permanent location. Still to come...
- An edit function
- A comments system (probably similar to Jonathan Delacour’s)
- RSS feeds for individual categories
- Referral tracking (as seen on diveintomark)
- A better form of overall statistics tracking than that provided by the University
- A system for storing more permanent feature articles
- An XML-RPC API for posting with an accompanying PythonCard application
- An interface for editing my Blog Roll
- Allow visitors to include/exclude categories via cookies
- A preview post feature
- A link directory that accumulates links automatically by parsing blog entries
- Dancing monkeys—definitely dancing monkeys
This blog is written in PHP and uses serialized PHP objects in flat text files for storage. I will put together a full article on how everything works as soon as I’ve implemented a “permanent feature” archive.