An excellent rant
14th July 2002
Lobowalk is a “somewhat daily” blog that has just made the transition to using CSS for layout. The decision to go CSS was accompanied by an excellent rant:
Why am I doing this? Because right now the web is such a freakin’ mess with all of it’s proprietary crap and browsers that don’t adhere to standards. I know, my little meager site will not make any difference but that’s okay. I’m the type of person that if I can’t do something the right way then I’d prefer not to do it at all. Besides, the main reason I even have this site here is for the fun of learning and expanding. If I have to put a bunch of hacks and work around’s in this site in order for it to look similar in all browsers in all platforms then it’s not fun. Also, hacks, proprietary markup and nested tables is utter nonsense.
No permalink because none are available on the site.
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023