Quicker serverless Postgres connections. Neon provide “serverless PostgreSQL”—autoscaling, managed PostgreSQL optimized for use with serverless hosting environments. A neat capability they provide is the ability to connect to a PostgreSQL server via WebSockets, which means their database can be used from environments such as Cloudflare workers which don’t have the ability to use a standard TCP database connection. This article describes some clever tricks they used to make establishing new connections via WebSockets more efficient, using the least possible number of network round-trips.
- Weeknotes: the Datasette Cloud API, a podcast appearance and more - 1st October 2023
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023