Quicker serverless Postgres connections. Neon provide “serverless PostgreSQL”—autoscaling, managed PostgreSQL optimized for use with serverless hosting environments. A neat capability they provide is the ability to connect to a PostgreSQL server via WebSockets, which means their database can be used from environments such as Cloudflare workers which don’t have the ability to use a standard TCP database connection. This article describes some clever tricks they used to make establishing new connections via WebSockets more efficient, using the least possible number of network round-trips.
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023