Single dependency stacks (via) Brandur Leach notes that the core services at Crunchy (admittedly a PostgreSQL hosting and consultancy company) have only one stateful dependency – Postgres. No Redis, ElasticSearch or anything else. This means that problems like rate limiting and search, which are often farmed out to external services, are all handled using either PostgreSQL or in-memory mechanisms on their servers.
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023