Single dependency stacks (via) Brandur Leach notes that the core services at Crunchy (admittedly a PostgreSQL hosting and consultancy company) have only one stateful dependency – Postgres. No Redis, ElasticSearch or anything else. This means that problems like rate limiting and search, which are often farmed out to external services, are all handled using either PostgreSQL or in-memory mechanisms on their servers.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023