Learn Go with tests. I really like this approach to learning a new language: start by learning to write tests (which gets you through hello world, environment setup and test running right from the beginning) and use them to explore the language. I also really like how modern Go development no longer depends on the GOPATH, which I always found really confusing.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023