Re-assessing the automatic charset decoding policy in HTTPX (via) Tom Christie ran an analysis of the top 1,000 most accessed websites (according to an older extract from Google’s Ad Planner service) and found that a full 5% of them both omitted a charset parameter and failed to decode as UTF-8. As a result, HTTPX will be depending on the charset-normalizer Python library to handle those cases.
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023