Feature Toggles (aka Feature Flags). I’m a huge fan of feature flags as a way of managing feature releases and keeping incomplete code in master as opposed to maintaining long-running branches. Recently I’ve found myself pointing people to this essay by Pete Hodgson—it’s a great overview of feature flags (here called toggles) and I particularly like how it splits them into four categories: Release Toggles, Experiment Toggles, Ops Toggles and Permissioning Toggles.
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023