How did the Roman Republic determine its budget? Fascinating answer on the AskHistorians subreddit about how taxation worked in the Roman Empire. Since the republic was almost permanently at war, and was very good at it, no taxes were levied on Roman citizens in Italy from 167 B.C. onwards.
- AI-enhanced development makes me more ambitious with my projects - 27th March 2023
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023