Redux vs. The React Context API. Nice explanation of the new Context API in React 16.3, which provides an easy way for passing props down through a tree of components without needing to explicitly pass the prop at every level of the tree. The comparison with Redux doubles as a useful explanation of the value that Redux provides.
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023