Getting the blog back together
1st October 2017
Getting this blog up and running again has turned out to be one of those side-projects that keeps threatening to fall down a rabbit hole.
I kicked off the work a couple of years ago at the Django Birthday event in Lawrence, KS and got most of the way done. Then life got in the way... and last weekend I decided to try and get it over the finish line. Today, I’m forcing myself to ship even though there are still tons of things I want to do with it. Perfect is the enemy of done. That goes for my first-blog-post-in-seven-years too.
I may not have blogged in seven years, but I did answer a whole bunch of questions on Quora. I’ve imported my Quora answers (extracted using this userscript) and used them to help fill out the intervening years. I plan to do the same with a few other types of content as well.
More recent articles
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023
- Now add a walrus: Prompt engineering in DALL-E 3 - 26th October 2023
- Execute Jina embeddings with a CLI using llm-embed-jina - 26th October 2023