Free Afternoon in San Francisco with no car
22nd June 2017
My answer to Free Afternoon in San Francisco with no car on Ask MetaFilter
My absolute favorite thing to do in SF is to walk up a hill. My favourite hill in the city is Corona Heights over in the Castro—it’s beautiful and the view is spectacular. It’s not part of the regular tourist circuit—you can think of it as a best-kept-secret of the city.
If you do head there an obvious next stop is the Castro neighbourhood itself. A couple of fun hidden gems there: Five Star Chocolate Truffles & Coffee sells delightful handmade truffles (for $15ish you can get one of each of all of the flavours). The Castro Fountain is a brand new ice cream place with great ice cream and incredibly exciting milkshakes.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023