Which VCs invest in an early stage in an IOT Technology startup in USA North East?
15th August 2016
My answer to Which VCs invest in an early stage in an IOT Technology startup in USA North East? on Quora
I can’t provide a specific list of VCs, but I can help you answer this question for yourself.
There’s a simple trick to figuring out which VCs are interested in a specific category: figure out what companies already exist in that category, then work out who their investors are.
As you start to build up that list of VCs, the next step is to look at their full portfolio (most VCs do a great job of listing this on the website) and use it to spot patterns: do they have multiple investments in that space? Where do their companies tend to be located? Have they invested in any obvious direct competitors?
More recent articles
- Interesting ideas in Observable Framework - 3rd March 2024
- Weeknotes: Getting ready for NICAR - 27th February 2024
- The killer app of Gemini Pro 1.5 is video - 21st February 2024
- Weeknotes: a Datasette release, an LLM release and a bunch of new plugins - 9th February 2024
- LLM 0.13: The annotated release notes - 26th January 2024
- Weeknotes: datasette-test, datasette-build, PSF board retreat - 21st January 2024
- Talking about Open Source LLMs on Oxide and Friends - 17th January 2024
- Publish Python packages to PyPI with a python-lib cookiecutter template and GitHub Actions - 16th January 2024
- What I should have said about the term Artificial Intelligence - 9th January 2024