When is a good day to hold a conference?
23rd September 2013
My answer to When is a good day to hold a conference? on Quora
It depends on your audience.
If it’s a conference that people will be attending on their own time (and with their own money) such as a hack day or an event about how to quit your job and start your own company it should be on a weekend.
If it’s a business event that will be treated as work and paid for by employers, it should be during the week—otherwise you make it hard for people to attend who wish to spend the weekend with their families (not such an issue for early 20s developers, a much bigger deal for 30+ professionals).
If people are likely to travel to it it’s good to have it touching a weekend so attendees have the option to arrive early (or stay a few days after) and explore the area.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023