Can top VCs hire almost any employee they want for their portfolio companies?
My answer to Can top VCs hire almost any employee they want for their portfolio companies? on Quora
There’s little a VC can do to convince someone to go and work for one of their portfolio companies that the company couldn’t do itself. They might hear about good candidates through their networks, but that candidate will still have plenty of other opportunities to chose from.
VCs are often better positioned than their portfolio companies in helping to find candidates for senior executive roles, simply because early-stage companies are unlikely to have already made the kind of connections they’ll need to fill those roles.
It’s still up to the company to convince, evaluate and close the hire.
More recent articles
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023
- Weeknotes: Miscellaneous research into Rye, ChatGPT Code Interpreter and openai-to-sqlite - 1st May 2023