How does one actually find Angel investors, when our business/startup is taking off and we need to grow fast?
My answer to How does one actually find Angel investors, when our business/startup is taking off and we need to grow fast? on Quora
The best way to approach angels is via introductions. To get introductions, you need connections to people who are known and trusted by angels.
Getting your first introduction isn’t easy, but it’s possible. The good news is that once you have that first connection you’ll find reaching additional angels much, much easier—if your deal looks good the angels themselves will introduce you to each other.
But how do you get that first intro? First, look at your existing network and see if you know anyone who has founded a company and raised money themselves. They may be willing to introduce you to their own investors, which is a great starting point.
Next, consider networking events. If your network isn’t very strong, you need to start building relationships with people who might be impressed with your product and could potentially introduce you to investors. Events are a great place to do this.
There are also pitching events, which offer the opportunity to pitch to investors and the press en-masse. If you can’t get introductions another way these might help you get in front of people who can help connect you to the right people.
Also consider targetting individual investors. You can use tools like AngelList and Crunchbase to find investors who have put money in to companies in a similar space to yours. If you see someone who looks like an ideal match for you, find out if you have any shared connections (e.g. using LinkedIn) or even send them a highly personalized cold email.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023