Do all incubators / accelerators welcome their startups getting funding?
My answer to Do all incubators / accelerators welcome their startups getting funding? on Quora
Yes. The goal of incubators and accelerators is to obtain a small amount of low-cost equity in promising companies and then help them grow and reach their potential.
For almost all companies, that means raising more outside finance.
Since startup company valuations almost always increase when they raise more money, any time a company raises represents an increase in the value of the equity held by the accelerator.
Accelerators often use “amount of money raised by our companies” as an indicator if how well they are doing—in combination with “total valuation of our companies”. Check out this recent YC story for example: http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/25...
More recent articles
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023