Do all incubators / accelerators welcome their startups getting funding?
24th November 2013
My answer to Do all incubators / accelerators welcome their startups getting funding? on Quora
Yes. The goal of incubators and accelerators is to obtain a small amount of low-cost equity in promising companies and then help them grow and reach their potential.
For almost all companies, that means raising more outside finance.
Since startup company valuations almost always increase when they raise more money, any time a company raises represents an increase in the value of the equity held by the accelerator.
Accelerators often use “amount of money raised by our companies” as an indicator if how well they are doing—in combination with “total valuation of our companies”. Check out this recent YC story for example: http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/25...
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023