How do you get invited to speak at high profile events?
21st March 2013
My answer to How do you get invited to speak at high profile events? on Quora
SXSW has an open call for proposals—you’ll need to submit a suggestion to the panel picker and encourage people to vote for you.
TEDx events are run by volunteer teams—if you want to speak, get in touch with them as soon as you hear about the event.
There are plenty of conferences that only invite speakers—the trick to speaking at those is to give great talks at other events, build a reputation as a good speaker and then get introduced to the organisers (or introduce yourself).
We have a list if events with open calls for proposals here: http://lanyrd.com/calls/
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023