What do you offer to a high-profile speaker when inviting him to an event?
24th June 2013
My answer to What do you offer to a high-profile speaker when inviting him to an event? on Quora
Unless they live locally it’s almost rude not to offer flights and accommodation—they will certainly expect it.
If you want to make a really good impression, have someone pick them up at the airport and take them to their hotel. It can be a black car, but it’s also a nice gesture if the event organiser does it personally.
For massive bonus points: provide them with a preloaded data SIM card (maybe even in a device that does tethering which they can borrow for the trip). Speakers from abroad will appreciate this enormously.
Have a speakers dinner at a good restaurant.
Don’t be surprised if high profile speakers expect a speakers fee.
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023