What do you offer to a high-profile speaker when inviting him to an event?
My answer to What do you offer to a high-profile speaker when inviting him to an event? on Quora
Unless they live locally it’s almost rude not to offer flights and accommodation—they will certainly expect it.
If you want to make a really good impression, have someone pick them up at the airport and take them to their hotel. It can be a black car, but it’s also a nice gesture if the event organiser does it personally.
For massive bonus points: provide them with a preloaded data SIM card (maybe even in a device that does tethering which they can borrow for the trip). Speakers from abroad will appreciate this enormously.
Have a speakers dinner at a good restaurant.
Don’t be surprised if high profile speakers expect a speakers fee.
More recent articles
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023
- Weeknotes: Miscellaneous research into Rye, ChatGPT Code Interpreter and openai-to-sqlite - 1st May 2023