Is it difficult to make a dating site? My budget is small. Any suggestion?
My answer to Is it difficult to make a dating site? My budget is small. Any suggestion? on Quora
Yes, it’s hard. Technologically, dating sites are not that complicated. The difficulty is keeping them populated enough that they remain useful for your users.
Consider this: the better your dating site is, the more likely a user is to get in to a permanent relationship, leave your site and never come back.
The users that DO stick around for a long time are actually your worst users—because the reason they are still there is that they either have unattractive profiles or are bad dates (and hence never manage to form a relationship). This reduces the overall experience for everyone else.
Dating sites tend to need to spend a LOT of money acquiring new users through advertising, AdWords etc. if you don’t have a strong, differentiated plan for user acquisition there’s not much point building a dating site.
More recent articles
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023