How do I network with speakers at events?
6th December 2013
My answer to How do I network with speakers at events? on Quora
I’ve spoken at loads of conferences, and I can tell you that speakers WANT you to approach them. They’re definitely interested in talking to you—that’s one of the main reasons they speak.
Good speakers will hang around for the rest of the conference, and head to the after-party / bar afterwards. The initial rush of people after their talk almost always subsides within 20 minutes, so you should be able to talk to them later on without needing to queue.
There are a few exceptions: VCs might not be too keen on having everyone at an event pitching their startup—but generally you should expect that most speakers would be happy to talk to you.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023