How can I become a world-class coder in under three years?
My answer to How can I become a world-class coder in under three years? on Quora
Write code. Lots of code. Code that does stuff.
Build your own blogging engine. Next, try to design and write the One True CMS (you’ll fail just like thousand of others have before you, but you’ll learn lots in the process).
Build your own todo list software. Now expand it to be your own email client. Extend it to support plugins. Now invent your own scripting language for writing plugins in, and write your own interpreter for it.
More recent articles
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023