What are the best books/tutorials to begin learning about memcached?
8th April 2013
My answer to What are the best books/tutorials to begin learning about memcached? on Quora
There isn’t really enough of memcached to justify a whole book—it’s a pretty straight-forward API.
It’s always interesting hearing about advanced usage patterns for it though. Again, these don’t necessarily justify a book but they are frequently presented at conferences.
Here’s one video that may be relevant: High Performance Caching with Rails—a session at GoRuCo 2012 by Matt Duncan
Here’s our full collection of 36 slides and video from talks about memcached: Conference coverage about Memcached on Lanyrd
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023