What are the major plot holes in Skyfall?
My answer to What are the major plot holes in Skyfall? on Quora
I find it hard to believe that MI6 could be that incompetent.
First, they lose that hard drive.
Then, they get hacked.
Then, despite having been hacked, they capture the hacker and put him in a computer-controlled prison (maybe a physical lock might have been a good idea) then plug his laptop in to their network and turn it on.
Then Bond convinces M that the smartest thing to do is ditch the entire country’s security apparatus in favour of driving up to Scotland with basically no weapons, no backup and deliberately leaving a trail for the bad guy to follow. Which gets M killed.
That kind of annoyed me—but not as much as the bit where Bond (the Luddite) helps Q (the computer genius) decrypt a message by spotting some hexadecimal scrolling past on the screen. The message has an N and a U in it. N and U aren’t in the hexadecimal alphabet! #nerdrage
More recent articles
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023
- Weeknotes: Miscellaneous research into Rye, ChatGPT Code Interpreter and openai-to-sqlite - 1st May 2023