What are the major plot holes in Skyfall?
26th November 2012
My answer to What are the major plot holes in Skyfall? on Quora
I find it hard to believe that MI6 could be that incompetent.
First, they lose that hard drive.
Then, they get hacked.
Then, despite having been hacked, they capture the hacker and put him in a computer-controlled prison (maybe a physical lock might have been a good idea) then plug his laptop in to their network and turn it on.
Then Bond convinces M that the smartest thing to do is ditch the entire country’s security apparatus in favour of driving up to Scotland with basically no weapons, no backup and deliberately leaving a trail for the bad guy to follow. Which gets M killed.
That kind of annoyed me—but not as much as the bit where Bond (the Luddite) helps Q (the computer genius) decrypt a message by spotting some hexadecimal scrolling past on the screen. The message has an N and a U in it. N and U aren’t in the hexadecimal alphabet! #nerdrage
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023