How did art.sy get a “.sy” url?
My answer to How did art.sy get a “.sy” url? on Quora
Here’s a generally useful tip: if you’re interested in learning more about ANY top level domain, visit the Wikipedia page for it—which will be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.sy in this case (just add the domain, complete with its dot prefix, directly after en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ ).
The wikipedia page will tell you which country the domain refers to, who the registrar is, what restrictions there are on those domains and plenty more besides. In this case, .sy is Syria—not exactly the best country to be associating your brand with these days!
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023