Events (leisure): How do you find out about Conferences happening in various places in the world?
My answer to Events (leisure): How do you find out about Conferences happening in various places in the world? on Quora
Our site http://lanyrd.com/ is a crowd-sourced directory of conferences and other professional events across a large range of topics from all around the world. We have particularly good coverage of technology and social media events (perhaps unsurprisingly, since that’s where the early adopters are) but we’re continuing to grow in to other areas.
If you sign in to the site using your Twitter account we’ll show you events your Twitter contacts are attending or speaking at. You can also opt to track curated “guides” to categories of events made by members of our community, for example this guide to Education and eLearning events: http://lanyrd.com/guides/educati...
You can sign up for low frequency emails from us highlighting new events your contacts are attending. We also have RSS and iCal feeds for most pages on the site, for example this page listing Startup conferences in Europe: http://lanyrd.com/topics/startup...
In addition to conference listings and event discovery we also collect slides, notes and video from events—here’s a recent example: http://lanyrd.com/2012/codemash/
Another useful site for discovering events is http://plancast.com/ (which covers more than just conferences).
More recent articles
- Understanding GPT tokenizers - 8th June 2023
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023