Who is the best conference panel moderator?
28th February 2012
My answer to Who is the best conference panel moderator? on Quora
Two of the best moderators I’ve seen are Jeffrey Veen and Jeremy Keith, both of whom are regular contributors at SXSW.
Moderating well is an incredibly tricky skill, and it’s always fun to watch a good moderator keep a discussion interesting and manage the Q&A from the audience. Jeremy is particularly good at the latter, in particular cutting people off who use the microphone as an excuse to launch in to a rambling non-question (I’ve seen him cut them off instantly by saying "That’s not a question... Next person please)
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023