How can a web developer keep up with new technology?
9th August 2012
My answer to How can a web developer keep up with new technology? on Quora
Keep an eye on Hacker News: http://news.ycombinator.com/
Use Google Reader (or the RSS reader of your choice) and subscribe to the blogs of experts in your field.
Find and follow people who track down interesting things on Twitter and Google+
Go to some conferences and other events. These don’t have to be huge expensive things—attending a local BarCamp or user group meetup can be just as valuable as a 5 day conference in a big city somewhere.
Find a job with a bunch of people smarter than you and learn from them!
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: the Datasette Cloud API, a podcast appearance and more - 1st October 2023
- Things I've learned about building CLI tools in Python - 30th September 2023
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023