Why can’t we sell tickets for Get Together, our debut conference in London this year?
31st October 2011
My answer to Why can’t we sell tickets for Get Together, our debut conference in London this year? on Quora
I just tried finding your event using both Google and Twitter’s search and I couldn’t find any information an it. I suggest setting up a Twitter account for the event and trying to increase your Google visibility a bit.
I’ve added your event to Lanyrd, the conference listing site (I’m a co-founder of that service)—that should help with promotion. You can sign in with Twitter and maintain that listing yourself if any of the details change. http://lanyrd.com/2011/get-toget...
(I eventually found the site at http://nextbiggerbetter.com/conf... by guessing the name of the supporting organisation from the Quora followers attached to this question).
Your site doesn’t mention where the event is happening (not even the city from what I saw)—you should make that more prominent, as that helps people decide if they can attend. Venue information would be even better.
The site should also promote the official twitter account and hash tag for the event.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023