What are the best big data conferences?
21st July 2011
My answer to What are the best big data conferences? on Quora
O’Reilly’s Strata is excellent—I went to their first event in February in Santa Clara, and they’re running another one in New York on 22nd-23rd September: http://lanyrd.com/2011/stratany/
If you’re interested in Hadoop, Hadoop World is coming up in November (again in New York): http://lanyrd.com/2011/hadoop-wo...
OSCON have a separate Big Data event running parallel to the main conference—that’s next week 25th-27th July in Portland: http://lanyrd.com/2011/oscon-data/—it’s the first time they’ve done it, but it’s likely to be excellent.
You can track our collection of all the big data conferences we know about on these pages: http://lanyrd.com/topics/big-data/ and http://lanyrd.com/topics/hadoop/ ( http://lanyrd.com/topics/nosql/ may be of interest as well)
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023