What are the best big data conferences?
My answer to What are the best big data conferences? on Quora
O’Reilly’s Strata is excellent—I went to their first event in February in Santa Clara, and they’re running another one in New York on 22nd-23rd September: http://lanyrd.com/2011/stratany/
If you’re interested in Hadoop, Hadoop World is coming up in November (again in New York): http://lanyrd.com/2011/hadoop-wo...
OSCON have a separate Big Data event running parallel to the main conference—that’s next week 25th-27th July in Portland: http://lanyrd.com/2011/oscon-data/—it’s the first time they’ve done it, but it’s likely to be excellent.
You can track our collection of all the big data conferences we know about on these pages: http://lanyrd.com/topics/big-data/ and http://lanyrd.com/topics/hadoop/ ( http://lanyrd.com/topics/nosql/ may be of interest as well)
More recent articles
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023
- download-esm: a tool for downloading ECMAScript modules - 2nd May 2023
- Let's be bear or bunny - 1st May 2023