What boardgame is the best to play for a scheming rat bastard?
14th January 2011
My answer to What boardgame is the best to play for a scheming rat bastard? on Quora
Junta is a lot of fun: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardga...
You’re a member of the ruling military Junta of a banana republic, and you have to backstab your family members for political power, which you then turn in to cash stashed away in your swiss bank account.
The games by Terrorbull are great for backstabbing too: War on Terror the Board Game (a modern classic, although it does take about 6 hours to play—think Risk with added terrorism) and Crunch! the card game, which simulates the credit crunch from the point of view of money-grubbing bankers with apparently remarkable accuracy: http://www.terrorbullgames.co.uk/
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023