What new tools and technologies you learnt recently are worth it?
27th September 2010
My answer to What new tools and technologies you learnt recently are worth it? on Quora
It’s an in-memory datastructure server—like memcached, but with persistence and with extremely fast atomic operations against sets, lists and hashes. You can use it to build things on a cheap VPS that you couldn’t build before.
More recent articles
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023
- Now add a walrus: Prompt engineering in DALL-E 3 - 26th October 2023