The compiler only pays attention to the semicolons and braces while ignoring the line breaks and indentation, but humans usually only pay attention to the line breaks and indentation while ignoring the semicolons and braces. This gives the code the opportunity to lie about what it’s really doing. Consequently we need to take extra care when writing in C, Java, C++, C# etc.
- AI-enhanced development makes me more ambitious with my projects - 27th March 2023
- I built a ChatGPT plugin to answer questions about data hosted in Datasette - 24th March 2023
- Weeknotes: AI won't slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor - 22nd March 2023
- Don't trust AI to talk accurately about itself: Bard wasn't trained on Gmail - 22nd March 2023
- A conversation about prompt engineering with CBC Day 6 - 18th March 2023
- Could you train a ChatGPT-beating model for $85,000 and run it in a browser? - 17th March 2023