Figuring out OpenSocial
2nd November 2007
My other question at the moment is how much OpenSocial relates to the larger goal of an open social network, where import and export APIs allow people to easily move from network to network and still find their friends. I don’t see anything in the GData People API that explicitly addresses the need to correlate the same user’s account across multiple sites (it looks like it doesn’t include an e-mail address for example) which seems to me to be pretty essential.
Am I getting this right, or have I missed something important? I’d love to hear from people who have been properly briefed on all of this.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: datasette-enrichments, datasette-comments, sqlite-chronicle - 8th December 2023
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023