Figuring out OpenSocial
My other question at the moment is how much OpenSocial relates to the larger goal of an open social network, where import and export APIs allow people to easily move from network to network and still find their friends. I don’t see anything in the GData People API that explicitly addresses the need to correlate the same user’s account across multiple sites (it looks like it doesn’t include an e-mail address for example) which seems to me to be pretty essential.
Am I getting this right, or have I missed something important? I’d love to hear from people who have been properly briefed on all of this.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023