Leaving Yahoo!, going freelance
15th January 2007
I’m leaving for entirely personal reasons. The plan had always been to move out to the US for the job, but it became clear that my girlfriend would not have been able to move with me. When it came down to it I decided my relationship with her came first. We moved in together several months ago and our quality of life has been enormously improved as a result. Even the lure of San Francisco (and the best burgers in the world) can’t compete with that.
As of today, I’m going freelance. I’ll be working for three days a week for Torchbox, an excellent web development company based near Oxford that specialises in sites for charities and the public sector. The other two days are available for freelance projects; please drop me a line (simon @ this domain) if there’s something I can help you with.
I’m also looking forward to investing time in projects of my own. 2007 will be an exciting year.
More recent articles
- Talking Large Language Models with Rooftop Ruby - 29th September 2023
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023