Contribute hammering FTP servers?
17th November 2003
We’re having a problem at work with Macromedia Contribute. We host sites for a number of local companies, and one of them wants to use Contribute to update its site. The problem is that whenever Contribute tries to connect to our FTP server, it opens up 30 simultaneous connections, effectively running a denial of service that prevents other clients from logging in during peak times. I’ve searched the ’net and haven’t found any references to this problem; does anyone know anything about the issue? We’re running ProFTPD 1.2.9 and the client is using Macromedia Contribute 2.
More recent articles
- Datasette Enrichments: a new plugin framework for augmenting your data - 1st December 2023
- llamafile is the new best way to run a LLM on your own computer - 29th November 2023
- Prompt injection explained, November 2023 edition - 27th November 2023
- I'm on the Newsroom Robots podcast, with thoughts on the OpenAI board - 25th November 2023
- Weeknotes: DevDay, GitHub Universe, OpenAI chaos - 22nd November 2023
- Deciphering clues in a news article to understand how it was reported - 22nd November 2023
- Exploring GPTs: ChatGPT in a trench coat? - 15th November 2023
- Financial sustainability for open source projects at GitHub Universe - 10th November 2023
- ospeak: a CLI tool for speaking text in the terminal via OpenAI - 7th November 2023
- DALL-E 3, GPT4All, PMTiles, sqlite-migrate, datasette-edit-schema - 30th October 2023