Catch up time...
- An Interview With Douglas Bowman of Wired News—Eric Meyer interviews the man who headed up the team responsible for the fantastic new CSS Wired design. A great article both for technical information and CSS advocacy.
- [css-d] Wired News: Look, Ma, No Tables!—An extensive thread on CSS-Discuss discussing the Wired redesign.
- Danger Revisited—Anil Dash recieves a response to his HopTop rants from Danger, the company behind the device.
- ALA: Build a PHP Switcher—How to build a stylesheet switcher in PHP. ALA is excellent for client side articles but unfortunately much of their server side content leaves a lot to be desired. The suggested script fails to use PHP’s superglobals and it looks like it could introduce a security flaw in the form of an HTML injection attack. More on this later.
- IBM flushes restroom patent—the US patent system is still a complete joke.
- Larry Lessig: From the front line—Larry’s write up of the Eldred oral hearing.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Parquet in Datasette Lite, various talks, more LLM hacking - 4th June 2023
- It's infuriatingly hard to understand how closed models train on their input - 4th June 2023
- ChatGPT should include inline tips - 30th May 2023
- Lawyer cites fake cases invented by ChatGPT, judge is not amused - 27th May 2023
- llm, ttok and strip-tags - CLI tools for working with ChatGPT and other LLMs - 18th May 2023
- Delimiters won't save you from prompt injection - 11th May 2023
- Weeknotes: sqlite-utils 3.31, download-esm, Python in a sandbox - 10th May 2023
- Leaked Google document: "We Have No Moat, And Neither Does OpenAI" - 4th May 2023
- Midjourney 5.1 - 4th May 2023
- Prompt injection explained, with video, slides, and a transcript - 2nd May 2023