Simon Willison’s Weblog

Blog fixed

I’ve just finished rebuilding the main data file for this blog, after it became corrupted last night due to a “Disk Quota Exceeded” error. It looks like this was my fault—I inadvertantly filled up my disk space when I was playing around with libxml and PHP choked when it tried to save the latest update to my blog. Luckily no data was permanently lost as the archives are cached as flat files, which allowed me to rebuild the data file from scratch.

I’ve also changed the front page to only display entries from the last three days. All older entries can be accessed through the archive.

This is Blog fixed by Simon Willison, posted on 17th June 2002.

Next: Styling <hr>

Previous: Micah's alternative Yahoo

Previously hosted at http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2002/06/17/blogFixed