Spam proof email
4th July 2002
Today saw a useful thread on Webdesign-L about hiding email addresses from spambots. Some of the points raised:
- Form based solutions help avoid ever exposing your address to the open web.
- An english description (mail cs1spw at bath dot ac dot uk) is a good solution, but may eventually be parsed by spambots as well.
- An image showing your email address is spambot proof, but does not solve the problem of how to hide addresses that can be clicked on.
- A lot of users with webmail do not benefit from mailto: addresses anyway, and would prefer a form.
I have restructured my contact page to take these in to account.
More recent articles
- Weeknotes: Embeddings, more embeddings and Datasette Cloud - 17th September 2023
- Build an image search engine with llm-clip, chat with models with llm chat - 12th September 2023
- LLM now provides tools for working with embeddings - 4th September 2023
- Datasette 1.0a4 and 1.0a5, plus weeknotes - 30th August 2023
- Making Large Language Models work for you - 27th August 2023
- Datasette Cloud, Datasette 1.0a3, llm-mlc and more - 16th August 2023
- How I make annotated presentations - 6th August 2023
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette - 5th August 2023
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs - 3rd August 2023
- Run Llama 2 on your own Mac using LLM and Homebrew - 1st August 2023